World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
15 June 2020
The SSAB is hosting a discussion via zoom on Monday 15 June from 10.30-11.30am on ‘Safeguarding Adults in our community - How Sutton Safeguarding Adults Board supports you to recognise risk and protect members of your community?’
For further details to participate, please email email@example.com
a)purpose of the meeting, who is present at the webinar and the organisations they represent
b) role of the SSAB and our priorities for 2020- 2021
2. What is ‘safeguarding’
- who is an ‘adult at risk’ and what types of risk might they face in Sutton?
- impacts on self, family and wider community
- role of prevention
- when to raise a safeguarding concern
3. How to raise a safeguarding referral
-process - form, phone, email, website etc
- duty, social care involvement
- what happens after you raise a safeguarding concern
4. Experience of Safeguarding
- Are individuals familiar with the safeguarding process
- How responsive are partners to local communities, what could be improved to ensure a wider understanding of needs/ risks across our diverse communities?
- How can the SSAB assist the wider community recognise and report abuse, how can we work together to prevent abuse and neglect?