Who might need Safeguarding Services?
An adult might be considered at risk
- if they are aged 18 years or over
- in need of social care services by reason of disability (mental or physical), age or illness, whether or not the local authority is meeting any of those needs
- is experiencing or at risk of abuse or neglect
- as a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of abuse or neglect
An adult at risk MAY BE a person who:
- is elderly and frail due to ill health
- has a learning disability
- has a physical disability and / or a sensory impairment
- has mental health needs including dementia or personality disorder
- has a long -term illness /or condition
- misuses substances or alcohol
- is unable to make their own decisions and is in need of care and support
*This is not an exhaustive list
If you think that you or someone you know is being subjected to abuse then please go to our report abuse page for advice and details on whom to contact.